Newspoetry Y2K Year in Review Quiz
Ex-President Bush Says Clinton Been Through a Lot
- an actual headline
1. The year 2000 most resembled the concept album
a. The Wall
c. The Amboy Dukes Journey to the Center of the Mind
d. Kilroy Was Here
2. In the presidential election, the American people were given a
choice between which candidate?
d. All of the above
3. During the late 1990s, the economy
b. shot up
d. surrendered to the rich
4. During the 1990s, the media became
d. none of the above
5. _____________ will star as Al Gore in the made-for-tv-movie about
a. William Shatner
b. William Shatner
c. William Shatner
d. all of the above
6. Punch card holes that don't fall all the way through are called:
7. Which party gained a majority on the County Board for the first
d. Stingy guys named Scott Tapley
8. Who was retained for George Bush's legal team during the Supreme
a. Ren and Stimpy
b. Justice Scalia's two sons
c. Hillary Rodham Clinton
d. None of the above
e. All of the above
9. Name the United States paper that ran a story about voter irregularities
a. The News-Gazette
b. The New York Times
c. The Chicago Tribune
d. None of the above
10. How many more "votes" did Bush have in Flordia compared to Gore?
11. Found floating face-down in the Whitehouse pool on Jan. 21:
a. Al Gore
b. Dick Cheney
c. Janet Reno
d. make up your own answer
e. All of the Above
12. Number of people who voted for Nader who subsequently think that
Gore will be better than Bush for some reason:
a. I want a recount!
c. I want a dolly!
13. WTO meetings were disrupted by
c. Bill Clinton
d. corporate interests
14. How large was Alan Greenspan's briefcase in 2000?
15. The real person of the year is
e. Hunter S.
9. d. No US paper would agree to run the story. salon.com finally
picked up the story, which was run in the London-based Observer ]
10. d. Because all of the votes were not counted, it is unknown how
many votes were cast for Gore vs. Bush. A newspaper counted discarded
ballots in a "Republican" district, and the margin between Bush and
Gore decreased to 32 votes.
15. e (livin' hard, layin' low, & survivin' the millenium)